Located in NE 24-17-9 (located by traveling east to the end of Road 100).
Hollywood Beach was developed as a Centennial Project in 1967.
It features a large natural sand beach, many spots for camping, and is a bird watcher's paradise. It is located within the Internationally recognized Important Bird Area.
Gladstone Golf & Country Club is a 9 hole, par 36 golf course with a layout that possesses beautiful scenery and landscaped gardens. Enjoy a par 36 round of golf that includes fairway yardage markers, large, demanding greens and challenging pin placements that will keep you engaged throughout the round.
We also offer a driving range and a practice green to get you warmed up or to just simply practice.
Prep or unwind in our spacious clubhouse or outdoor patio that features a fully licensed restaurant, which can accommodate up to 60 people. Our pro shop offers club rentals, pull cart rentals, power cart rentals, basic golf supplies, and apparel. Both the pro shop and restaurant accept Interact, Mastercard, and Visa.
Our club welcomes public green fee players as well as its club members. We are located 4 kilometers south of Gladstone or 25 kilometers north of the Trans Canada Highway #1 along Provincial Highway #34.
The clubhouse is open during the season from 8:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (depending upon sunset) during weekdays, and 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. on weekends.
The Gladstone District Museum Inc, located at 49-6th Street, is a showcase of Gladstone's impressive prairie history.
The main floor holds many artifacts of our pioneers and a large replica of the town made by a local resident depicting the early settlement of Gladstone. Upstairs, visit the Royal Canadian Legion Room, the Masons display, Church display, and School display. Outside of the building, A CN caboose, the Boyd House (a fully furnished house from 1914) and the Signal Man's Shack are on display.
Open Saturdays & Sundays in July & August
1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Social distancing regulations apply
Admission Fee $4 / Children Under 12 are FREE
Membership cost $5 and you can visit anytime the museum is open!
More questions? Call: 204-385-2628
Most tourists and visitors who have driven along the Yellowhead Route can recall a landmark that is situated in the community of Gladstone, Manitoba – The Happy Rock.
The concept of the Happy Rock goes back to the late 1970s when the provincial government held brainstorming sessions with community representatives to develop and implement strategies for increasing tourism traffic and inevitably tourism dollars in their respective rural communities.
Gladstone has always been referred to as "Happy Rock” and the consensus felt that a method to attract tourism to the town was to position Gladstone as Happy Rock.
In 1984, the local Chamber of Commerce decided that they needed a mascot to represent the name Happy Rock so a logo contest was held. Jerry Wickstead, a student from William Morton Collegiate in Gladstone, submitted the winning entry.
The Chamber of Commerce registered Happy Rock as a trademark and in 1988, a resolution was passed by the Chamber to pursue the construction of a Happy Rock statue/visitor information centre. Many communities in the province had an identifiable feature and Gladstone needed to be included. A committee of Chamber representatives (Tom Scott, Lyle Cox, and Gary Cibula) was formed to source out manufacturers, prepare operating budgets, and propose various methods of fundraising for the project.
At the Gladstone Christian Fellowship Church July 13-16, 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Pre-registration is required and can be done online at the church website or pick up a form in the church foyer.
Ducks Unlimited conserved its first acre of water in 1938 on Big Grass Marsh, just north of Gladstone, Manitoba. The Marsh was origionally a sprawling wetland complex spanning 100,000 acres (40,500 ha), but between 1909 and 1916 it was drained for agriculture. Instead of yielding the fertile fields that locals had envisioned, Big Grass soon became a desolate tract of dust and silt. When Engineer Bill Campbell arrived to restore the marsh in 1938, a grateful community praised Ducks Unlimited restoration work.
Today, Big Grass Marsh is a 12,400 acre (5,000 ha) complex, half of which is Crown Land and the remainder owned by the Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone. The Northern Zone consists of 220 quarter sections of land north of Provincial Road #265, and the Southern Zone has 227 quarter sections of land south of Provincial Road #265.
Big Grass Marsh is an Important Bird Area of Canada. It is an important moulting and staging area for waterfowl including Mallards, Snow Geese and Canada Geese. The site also has globally significant numbers of nesting Franklin's Gulls. During fall migration, the number of Mallard Ducks in the area have exceed 10,000 birds. As many as 6,500 migrating Sandhill Cranes have been recorded in the northern portion of Big Grass Marsh, around the Jackfish Lake region.
More information about the significance of the Big Grass Marsh to migratory birds and other wildlife can be found at the Important Bird Areas of Canada (IBA) website. More specific information about the significance of Big Grass Marsh as an Important Bird Area of Canada can be found at the IBC Canada site summary for Langruth
Kids ages 5-16 interested in going to Valley View Bible Camp 2019 (sponsored by Gladstone Treasure Chest). Call Wendy Semler 385-2166, Karen Cavat 385-2654 or Cathy Klassen 385-2887. Call early to reserve the week you would like as there is limited space!